December 23, 2009

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

Unless there is something that I would call "breaking news" (or more likely, breaking wind about something that others would call breaking news) which would make me post, this blog will be on its lonesome from now until the beginning of 2010, so I can catch up with my family and have a few days of concentrating on them.

It's snowing, the first snow of this winter, and all out there, just on the other side of the window pane, is frosted and white. I stood on my balcony earlier this evening and watched, in awe, how little it takes to coat the grime of a year gone by, how easily it can be swallowed and silenced, if only for a little while. Snow makes me happy. It always has. It always will. I asked a friend of mine to send me some over from Canada just three days ago, and man, is she good, or what? It's snowing, and I think of marshmellows and hot chocolate... and perhaps a warm tiger tummy.



Whoever you are. Wherever you are. Happy Holidays to you, and have a good night.