January 24, 2010

QUOTE OF THE DAY: IF YOU LIKE THIS

If you like this film, then I want you to know I am the director. And if you don’t, don’t blame me because I didn’t write this shit.
- Rodrigo Cortes, introducing the movie "Buried" at Sundance.

This is one of those "ain't I funny, ha ha" moments that inadvertendly reveal a lot about the majority of the assholes who call themselves "directors". Never taking responsibility, always taking the credit. It's also why all of my future scripts will only be controlled by one person, and that person is me. You know, the guy who invented the damn thing. And it's why I have no respect for directors in general, with the few, rare exceptions of those who write their own material, like Tarantino or Cameron.

Oh, I am sorry... can't come up with your own material? Well... best then to start learning how to, you know... tell a story!