March 23, 2010

PERSONAL STUFF: THIS IS THE WOMAN I WANT TO RUN MY COMPANY (AND I SHALL ANNOY HER UNTIL SHE DOES, ARE YOU LISTENING, MEL?)

The delightful, always funny Melissa Claasen is not only the wife of my friend and collaborator Edo Fuijkschot, she's also the über-successful and whip-smart CFO for Adidas Hong Kong and Taiwan. Hey, I know a CFO! And that particular CFO is not greedy scum!

There is hope for the world yet!

She's so über-successful that they made numerous spots with her for Australian television, endorsing her former school (at least I think it's a school. Part of my still believes they clone accountants... hm, wonder out of which genetic parts they put her together. Must have been all the good parts they forgot to put into the Goldman & Sachs clones).

And if I ever have a real company, and this I threatened her with years ago while she and Edo got me drunk, I'll want her to run it as its CEO.

Until that day, though, Mel, I love you, but you are still pronouncing Adi Dassler wrong.