July 3, 2010

TODAY IS THE DAY (ARGENTINA EDITION)

Can they be beaten? Yes. Can they be beaten by the Li'l Rascals? I don't know. I wish I did. I wish I could say without confidence that Argentina is going to get a well-deserved asswhupping today. But I fear they will be like Brazil, only worse. They are known to become punishment whores when things turn sour. And so, I hope that the German team won't let themselves be provoked. Not by the prima donna behaviour. And not by the extended Shakespearean death scenes we are likely to be witness to today.

And that after today, Diego Maradona will never again forget who Thomas Müller is. I want the little love hobbit to have nightmares about this Bavarian kid for the rest of his life. I want him to wake up screaming that kid's name. In fear. And sweating.

That's not too much to ask for, is it?