August 7, 2010

AND HERE A MESSAGE TO EVERY SOCIOPATHIC LIAR OUT THERE: WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT WITH YOUR PANTS DOWN, PLEASE FIND ANOTHER PHRASE

You know, other than calling the guy who caught you out lying "being without character". It gets old, it is entirely predictable, and I find it tiresome. And it is amazing to me that – even if you tell them up front exactly what is going to happen when they lie, when they do something behind your back – that they still try.

Just like that producer did on Tuesday.

And when you cut their throats (as I did today), they go all huffy and puffy on you, "oh, this was not what I expected from you, waah waah".

Also, the next person who tells me "I am burning bridges" that has me working on something for three months or more, with everybody else taking vacations and/or not responding to emails while I am trying to give them more information, new ideas and infos... leaving me to do all the heavy lifting and them not even being able to fully read the script versions you deliver... should shut the fuck up.

What I find so interesting is that in the past month, private emails always got a reply, especially if one could brag where in Europe one was on vacation, whereas the other guy didn't reply to anything at all... but the emails with relevant information were not even read.

How do I know that? Because I tested it in that phone conference.

It's how you catch liars. You give them the rope.

They hang themselves.

And when they do, it was of course all your fault.

Because you caught them.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Entirely predictable parameters of behaviour.

So, boys and girls, after I finish Live, my German thriller, I will start on the biggest book series project I have ever undertaken. I'm glad. I'm happy.

It is called The Cage.

And it will show how much looking for the truth will hurt you.

And how much it is still worth it.