August 20, 2010

ASBURY PARK: LIVE ON KINDLE



That was quite a week of learning and fixing and re-fixing the little details that are necessary to get things up and running on Kindle. There are some things on e-book design that break my little designer heart, since it is essentially nothing more than HTML coding with CSS style sheets, but the outcome is kind of okay.

It forces you to fully trust the story and the words, since you have no to little choices to make when it comes to page breaks and normative layout that would otherwise in a printed edition guide the reader's eye.

Like I said, it's in German, so I am terribly sorry to those who read me in English. But there shall be many things for you as well before the year is over, and I wanted to test the technical aspects of the whole process on something rather quickly, and Asbury Park fit the bill quite nicely, with a length of 135 pages.