September 29, 2010

GEORGE LUCAS TO WORLD: I AM GOING TO SQUEEZE YOUR WALLETS DRY UNTIL YOU CRY (I AM NOT JOKING)


Finally! Hayden Christensen's flat performance as Anakin will get a third dimension! We shall be able to see Natalie Portman's boobs for the first time! Jar-Jar Binks will have some depth! Awesome, isn't it?

Lucas is so creatively bankrupt, it isn't even funny anymore.

But what irks me even more? There will be millions lining up for this, turning cinemas into the place where re-runs are as common as bullshit on the Bravo channel. And here I had hope that the enormous failure of the re-release by Cameron of his "really, you will see more than ever before" Director's Cut of Avatar was an indication that people don't really like to be ripped off

In Cameron's case, a director's cut less than 9 months after the release of the original movie? Really, Jim? Don't get me wrong, I really liked the film when it first came out, but that kind of behaviour shows a blatant disrespect of your audiences, because you are essentially saying that the first cut, the cut that you had unprecedented control over, was essentially not the proper movie you wanted us to watch.

Things like that are incredibly disrespectful.

Not to mention that they show you to be more interested in money (and hey, I love money. I would fuck money, if I could) than telling new stories. We already paid for these stories, in Lucas' case many, many more times than once.

It is enough.

At some point, you have crossed the line.

And it's enough. You won't get my money again.