December 7, 2010

I AIM TO MISBEHAVE

We are all terrorists now.

Everybody who believes that an informed citizenry is the basis, the only foundation for a functioning democracy, is now a terrorist. Everybody who believes that the exposure of torture, the exposure of backdoor deals, the exposure of corruption in the ranks of those who call themselves the "elite", but are nothing more than mob bosses with political credentials, is a terrorist now. Everybody who believes that covering up crime is illegal, especially if it is committed by those who are seemingly above the law - for they write them - is a terrorist now.

By calling WikiLeaks a terrorist organisation, our leaders have begun an open war against us. No longer are they content to make their dealings, their torture, their corruption in secret. They now show their true face, and hey, doesn't that true face look a lot like that of China?

You know, that country that has a guy sitting in jail for writing a fucking charta calling for the most basic of human rights, including the right to free speech? You know, that guy who is going to be given the Nobel Peace Prize (the one given to warmonger, liar and corporate whore Barack Obama last year?). The guy, whose very existence grates those in the East, so much so that 19 countries will not attend the ceremony?

Oh, and before the patriotic retards on the right point out that the United States and Germany are among those who apparently will attend, oh, nigger, please, that is just for show and tell. They don't believe in human rights. Your government doesn't. My government doesn't.

They believe in power.

If it were otherwise, they wouldn't be so afraid of an organisation like WikiLeaks. Which is a journalistic organisation, by the way. It didn't steal documents, it used documents that were "leaked", yes, by whistle blowers, you know, the ones that should have protection but are probably going to rot in jail. It provides these documents to other journalistic outlets.

It did not commit a crime.

Or where have you seen the charges? Anywhere? Somewhere? You can't prosecute them, because to do so would expose our ruling cluss even more as the fascists they already are. Freedom of speech? Here? Only if you cannot hurt them. Like me. I am nothing. I am nobody. I am just a guy with a keyboard. But evne I have had that unique pleasure of being called to the Bundesverfassungschutz, yes, I was called before the German agency to protect and serve.. uh, what exactly? The constitution? No. I dared to criticise once the mayor of Berlin. I called him on his hypocrisy during the G8 meeting in Edinburgh. I called him out through email. I in turn got called in for questioning.

Because I was quite clearly a danger to the German society.

Not only that, I got convicted for it, too.

Without a trial, with a hefty fine, and if I had gone to trial, the legal fees would have eaten me up. To defend that free speech we are always so cherishing here, in the West. Or appear to be.

We are terrorists now, all of us, who believe in democracy. We are all terrorists now, we who believe it is the right of every citizen to demonstrate against political decisions peacefully like those against the Stuttgart 21 project did, before they were attacked and hurt by those who should protect us, not their corproate and political masters. We are all terrorists now, those who believe that you cannot simply make decisions that are against what the people want, and simply point to the fact that out of 54 percent of all people going to the polls, your political party got 32 percents, which makes your mandate not just iffy, but a joke.

We are all terrorists now.

They made us into that.

We didn't choose to be.

And with that, I shall give you something. It's fiction. Nobody really cared about it too much, neither as a TV show nor as a movie. But then again, nobody really gave a damn about Blade Runner when it came out. Such is the fate of most things that are a bit deeper and a bit better than the usual bullshit that is shown. Joss Whedon wrote it. He directed it. And here's a scene that encapsulates everything that is going on today.

I apologise for only being able to show it in German.

I couldn't find an English snippet of that scene.

But I'll give you the translation in a minute

(wait, translation from the original German? Uh...)

Boys and girls, Mal Reynolds. As played by Nathan Fillion, in the movie Serenity.


This record here's about twelve years old. Parliament buried it and it stayed buried until River here dug it up. This is what they were afraid she knew. And they were right to fear. There's a universe of folk who're gonna know it, too. Someone *has to* speak for these people.
[pause]
Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'.

I aim to misbehave.