December 13, 2010

MEMORY LANE: OKAY, ONE MORE...


Because I told you, I always liked Sophie B. Hawkins, and especially the albums I could actually buy (which were back in the day, two... how strange, is it, that all of my favourite artists were kind of forced out or jumped out of the mainstream music business bullshit long before the internet "destroyed" the music industry, eh?)

Yeah.... also, this is most likely one of my favourite songs of all time, and gosh, if I look at the songs I selected yesterday and today while converting my old CDs, is there a theme there? And if there is, does it say something about me?

Or am I just screwing with you?
It felt like springtime on this February morning
In the courtyard birds were singing your praise
I'm still recalling things you said to make me feel alright
I carried them with me today, Now

(chorus) As I lay me down to sleep
This I pray
That you will hold me dear
Though I'm far away
I'll whisper your name into the sky
And I will wake up happy

I wonder why I feel so high
Though I am not above the sorrow
Heavy hearted
Till you call my name
And it sounds like church bells
Or the whistle of a train
On a summer evening
I'll run to meet you
Barefoot barely breathing

It's not too near for me
Like a flower I need the rain
Though it's not clear to me
Every season has its change
And I will see you
When the sun comes out again
Whoever has the right answer will get a brownie. Not a brownie point, but an actual brownie. Until then, the CDs that were most important to me are now in my system, and I will take some time away from the grid and hopefully will sleep today and not dream.

Because as I just said one post before, dreams tell you true things.

And man, ask the US government. Truth is some scary stuff...